Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds
29th November 2014
Location: The SSE Hydro
Back by phenomenal demand, Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds will invade Glasgow’s on the 29th of November 2014. It will be the for the sixth and final time the show has been on tour.
There’s simply no show on Planet Earth (or Mars!) that has the spectacular effects of The War of The Worlds – Alive on Stage!
Following five hugely successful and critically acclaimed sell-out arena tours over the past seven years, the 2014 tour will be the last time to see The War of The Worlds in it’s current incarnation, after the tour Wayne plans to take TWOTW in a new direction.
The show in 2014 will feature some fantastic performances by an all-star cast. Westlife’s Brian McFadden will perform the Sung Thoughts of The Journalist, Jason Donovan is reprising his hugely popular role as Parson Nathaniel and Carrie Hope Fletcher featuring as Beth, Parson Nathaniel’s Wife and Liam Neeson’s 3D holographic performance as The Journalist will also return but with enhanced technology.
Not forgetting Ivor Novello award winning composer and producer Jeff Wayne will be conducting the show!
Over the years, Jeff Wayne was often asked how he would approach composing and producing The War of The Worlds in today’s world, rather than the era of the mid 1970s, when disco was king of the dance floor, punk was the revolutionary music of the day, and science fiction was being re-discovered in the movies and on TV. He always answered ‘why fix what isn’t broken?’. He was proud of the Work and especially of all those who had contributed their varied talents to bring it to life – David Essex, Justin Hayward, Phil Lynott, Chris Thompson, Julie Covington, and of course, Richard Burton.
What Jeff never predicted was the extraordinary life his musical interpretation of HG Wells’ visionary and dark Victorian tale would have. Now some 33 years on and as Jeff approached his sixth year of touring the world’s arenas with The War of The Worlds – Alive on Stage! and an animated feature film now in development, this same question kept returning.
The 2014 production is the biggest and most exciting yet and will feature:
- Live Performance by 45 musicians on stage
- 11-foot high 3D photo-real floating hologram of Liam Neeson as George Herbert, The Journalist, appearing full body on stage interacting holographically with the show’s live performers!
- 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing new and improved real flame Heat Rays at the audience & scanning them with its bug-like eyes as it ‘lands’ on stage
- Special effects and illusions including a world first ‘levitation’
- A member of the cast will be incinerated on stage right in front of the audience’s eyes!!
- 100-foot wide by 25 foot high screen projecting a cutting edge CGI-animated film in perfect sync with the show and its live performances – brand new film created for the 2010 Tour!
- Pyrotechnics, leaf drops, and Flame Effects
- Mixed live in Surround Sound to heighten the audience’s interactive experience!
For anyone of any age, The War of The Worlds: The New Generation – Alive on Stage! is a thrilling and unique extravaganza – one not to be missed!