Government Guidance – 6th December
PLEASE NOTE NEW GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE FOR THOSE ATTENDING INDOOR EVENTS
In accordance with Scottish Government guidance, from 6th December 2021, those attending indoor events (unseated) with an audience of 500 people or more and any event with more than 10,000 people will be required to show they have been fully vaccinated, OR provide proof of a negative lateral flow test result in the 24 hours prior to their visit.
Spot checks will be in place on entry, so please be prepared to show one of the following:
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated, via the QR code on either the NHS Scotland COVID Status App, or a downloadable printed copy. To download the NHS Scotland COVID Status app, click here.
- A text message from NHS Scotland proving that a negative lateral flow test result has been registered in the 24 hours prior to your visit
Visitors from the rest of the UK – and the broader Common Travel Area (including Republic of Ireland) – will be able to use their existing Covid Status apps with QR codes (and paper-based certificates) to gain entry to relevant venues in Scotland.
The vaccine certification scheme and proof of negative lateral flow test does not replace existing COVID safety measures; it is an additional safety measure. All visitors must comply with any COVID-19 measures as determined by the hosting event, and any legal requirements as defined by Scottish Law at the time of the event.
These measures will include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-booking of tickets online in advance of the event where possible
- The wearing of face coverings at all times unless eating or drinking in seated catering areas
- Observing physical distancing
- Participating in the NHS Scotland Test & Protect Check In Scotland app
- Washing hands thoroughly and regularly, and using hand sanitiser
We will continue to monitor Government guidelines and restrictions relating to COVID-19, and will communicate in advance of the event what guidelines and restrictions will be in place.