11th December 2012
Tickets: £48.25 – £68.75 Buy Online
Back by phenomenal demand, Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds: The New Generation will invade Glasgow’s SECC on the 11th of December 2012.
There’s simply no show on Planet Earth (or Mars!) that has the spectacular effects of The War of The Worlds – Alive on Stage!
Following three hugely successful and critically acclaimed sell-out arena tours over the past five years, the 2012 tour will feature some fantastic performances by an all-star cast including Liam Neeson as The Journalist and Ivor Novello award winning composer and producer Jeff Wayne.
‘The New Generation’ of Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds will be launched in conjunction with Sony Music, Live Nation and SJM Concerts featuring a new interpretation of the classic recording followed by a major international arena tour commencing November 2012.
Over the years, Jeff Wayne was often asked how he would approach composing and producing The War of The Worlds in today’s world, rather than the era of the mid 1970s, when disco was king of the dance floor, punk was the revolutionary music of the day, and science fiction was being re-discovered in the movies and on TV. He always answered ‘why fix what isn’t broken?’. He was proud of the Work and especially of all those who had contributed their varied talents to bring it to life – David Essex, Justin Hayward, Phil Lynott, Chris Thompson, Julie Covington, and of course, Richard Burton.
What Jeff never predicted was the extraordinary life his musical interpretation of HG Wells’ visionary and dark Victorian tale would have. Now some 33 years on and as Jeff approached his sixth year of touring the world’s arenas with The War of The Worlds – Alive on Stage! and an animated feature film now in development, this same question kept returning.
The 2012 production is the biggest and most exciting yet and will feature:
- Live Performance by 46 musicians on stage, plus still-to-be-announced guest artists
- 11-foot high 3D photo-real floating hologram of Liam Neeson as George Herbert, The Journalist, appearing full body on stage interacting holographically with the show’s live performers!
- 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing new and improved real flame Heat Rays at the audience & scanning them with its bug-like eyes as it ‘lands’ on stage
- Special effects and illusions including a world first ‘levitation’
- A member of the cast will be incinerated on stage right in front of the audience’s eyes!!
- 100-foot wide by 25 foot high screen projecting a cutting edge CGI-animated film in perfect sync with the show and its live performances – brand new film created for the 2010 Tour!
- Pyrotechnics, leaf drops, and Flame Effects
- Mixed live in Surround Sound to heighten the audience’s interactive experience!
For anyone of any age, The War of The Worlds: The New Generation – Alive on Stage! is a thrilling and unique extravaganza – one not to be missed!
Buy your tickets online