23rd November 2013 to 5th January 2014
Location: George Square
George Square will come to life every day throughout this festive season with a mix of fun (and completely free) entertainment for all the family in the Christmas Marquee.
This year, the programme of events in George Square is jam packed.
Hear big bands, wind bands, ceilidh bands and even brand new bands. See Christmas movies played on the big screen including Arthur Christmas, The Gruffalo, Miracle on 34th St and Polar Express.
Each day of their will be something different happening in the Marquee,
- Magic Mondays will see the Marquee host the best in new local bands presented by some of Glasgow’s favourite venues including Bar Bloc, Nice ‘n’ Sleazy and Oran Mor (plus There is cut price skating for students!)
- Tuesday Treats – Themed entertainment every Tuesday evening.
- Wednesday is Festive Film Night – get snuggled up with your popcorn and enjoy!
- Thursday is the Big Big Sing with local and national choir filling the Marquee with your favourite festive numbers and a few surprises!
- Thank Glasgow It’s Friday! The weekend starts here so get the party started with live music every Friday evening.
- Saturdays and Sundays will see the Marquee packed with family entertainment from 12pm with stories from Santa, visits from some special panto favourites and matinee movies. The evenings are taken over by more sensational live music.
Exactly what is on will be posted each week and you can find those details on the Glasgow Loves Christmas website.
Get down to the George Square Christmas Marquee for a dazzling array of free festive fun!